2020 - 2021
MAKE up TRYOUTS
MAKEUP TRYOUT DETAILS:
Tryouts for the 2020-2021 Development First Sports Academy travel baseball program are here!
Development First Sports Academy is Atlanta’s newest baseball, softball, and state-of-the-art sports performance training facility inside the perimeter. Our coaches and trainers are all current and former professional athletes, who know, first hand, what it takes to be and develop athletes.
This is our inaugural class, and the first of its kind in the Atlanta market. We already train alongside professionals and are extending our program to youth athletes. Developing athletes is our primary mission and our model is different from other travel programs. We are training intensive and development doesn’t occur by throwing newly formed teams together at tournaments and hoping for the best. True development is the result of excellent coaches and mentors who have performed at the highest levels of their field, a lot of practices and scrimmages, and higher standards from all parties involved. Development First Sports Academy provides services unmatched in our area, in a facility unseen by our locale, and delivered by coaches and trainers wholly dedicated to their craft.
We believe that youth athletes hailing from D1 will be better prepared for middle school, high school, college, and adulthood. We are hyper focused on building better athletes, and the byproduct of that endeavor is stronger minds and bodies, which bodes well for academics, sports, and life. Everyone affiliated with D1 shares a common goal: to help kids grow into the people they will eventually be by arming them with tools learned through athletics to get there. With Development First Sports Academy, parents will notice a difference in the way our youth athletes are treated and trained from the moment they walk in our door.
TRYOUT FEE: $50.00
AGES being evaluated include players that are currently 10 years old, who will be 11 no later than 4/30/2021, through those players that are currently 13, who will be 14 no later than 4/30/2021.
MAKE UP DAY, AUGUST 6, is being held at Fitzgerald Park, which is part of the City of Tucker Department of Parks & Recreation Department. The make up assessment combines the activities of our standard two-day tryout format and is designed to assess pitching, catching skills, (where applicable), batting, on-field drills, and game-like situations.
COVID PROCEDURES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Players need to arrive early for COVID procedures, registration, and check-in. Tryouts will begin promptly as noted.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany every player; and
- Cars will line up at the main entrance gates of Fitzgerald Park and will not be allowed to proceed forward until the temperatures of each person in the car is taken; and
- Please note that in order for anyone to enter Fitzgerald Field, which is owned and operated by the City of Tucker, every person accompanying the player in their automobile will have his or her temperature checked. Everyone, including the player and his or her parent and/or guardian, will be required to leave if anyone in the automobile presents with a temperature of 100.4 Fahrenheit or greater; and
- The parent or legal guardian will be required to answer a brief questionnaire about the player that addresses known or suspected COVID exposure, any symptoms of COVID for the player and his or her household members, and exposure to anyone who has demonstrated COVID-like symptoms in the prior 14 days; and
- Players will proceed to the field for tryouts; and
- Parents and/or guardians can either 1) park their car and shelter in place for the duration of tryouts; or 2) exit their vehicles and maintain 6′ – 10′ separation as noted by the cones placed at the park; and
- Given that tryouts are held outside, players and parents will not be required to wear masks as long as they maintain at least 6′ – 10′ in social distance; and
- Players that do not socially distance will be required to wear a face mask that is properly affixed over their nose and mouth; and
- Players will be led to various positions and will be required to socially distance by a minimum of 6’ – 10’ as noted by orange athletic cones and visual cues throughout the park; and
- We will have volunteers on hand to remind players and spectators to socially distance from one another.
Please note that the City of Tucker governs the rules of Fitzgerald Field. COVID protocols for public parks and our facility, both of which reside within the City of Tucker, might evolve. We will update all registrants should COVID protocols change.
All sales and tryout reservations are final, no cancellations.
Please contact us with questions, concerns, or special considerations. We can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 470-299-8017
ALL PLAYERS REGISTERED FOR TRYOUTS WILL BE GRANTED ONE, FREE, 30-MINUTE CAGE RENTAL IN THE WEEKS LEADING UP TO TRYOUTS. SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY, STANDARD HOURS OF OPERATION, AND COVID PROTOCOLS APPLY